Friday, January 9, 2009

Back for the last half!


Well its back to the grind :) I was able to go home for Christmas Break which was a gift from God! I really think I would have had a hard time regrouping my energy and battling homesickness if I had stayed here in Saipan for Christmas. It is amazing how God gives you just what you need!
I must admit. When I was returning back to Saipan it was all I could do to keep getting on planes that were taking me further and further away from my family. I sat in the airport in Hawaii trying to keep the tears that were welling up in my eyes to not come streaming down my cheeks. At that point I began to call on God for His strength. I knew that was to only way that I was going to survive.
Soon after I began to feel better and when I was picked up at the airport I felt like I had just returned to a second home! God surely can work miracles with our thought patterns.
So far the jet lag has not been too bad. I have not been sleeping through the night yet, but at least when I wake up I can fall back to sleep. The work thing that has happened is I have had a headache which lasted all morning from my body trying to adjust back.
I know this last half of the year is going to go incredibly fast. It is my goal to treasure every moment I have with my kids. This opportunity is a gift from God and I intend to make the most of it!

1 comment:

Vero in Saipan said...

Truly treasure those moments. They go by oh so quick, especially this 2nd part. And then, you'll be back to life, and feel empty inside. Love them to the fullest and take many videos! In my prayers!